Best Grow Tent
Over the years, the farming sector has gone through numerous technological transitions with the majority of farmers, especially those in confined spaces opting for hydroponic growing methods. Grow tents allows you to have control over the essential environmental factors that will trigger quality farm yields.
The factors influencing plant growth that are adjustable with the use of grow tents include ventilation, nutrients composition, and indoor grow lights, thus increasing its popularity. It is necessary to consider the outstanding grow tent in the market that will satisfy your farming needs and the urge to control the desirable conditions for plant growth.
Read our Best Grow Tent Review to find out.
- VIVOSUN 48x48 Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with Observation Window and Floor Tray for Indoor Plant (Editors choice - High Quality)
- Zazzy 96X48X78 Plant Growing Tents 600D Mylar Hydroponic (Runner up)
- Gorilla Grow Tent 2x2.5 -GGT22 (Amazing Price)
- GA Grow Tent 24x24x48 36x36x72 40x40x80 Reflective Mylar Hydroponic (Affordable Product)
- LAGarden 59x59x78 Reflective Grow Tent (Great Product)
VIVOSUN 48x48 Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with Observation Window and Floor Tray for Indoor Plant
VIVOSUN Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent is one of the best indoor growing tents featuring extra-thick canvas with corner adapters and metal poles to enhance the stability and safety of the contents inside. It also has diamond reflective Mylar walls, which offer the best indoor farming environment by providing up to 98% reflection capacity.
The extra thick non-toxic fabric, which is double stitched, is tear-proof and confines light within the tent, hence enhancing plants' safety. VIVOSUN grow tents have clear windows that facilitate easy monitoring of the plants through observing them with no interruption to the tent's contents.
The tent's door unzips smoothly with less effort whenever there is a need to access the plants physically. Also, the black lining in the zipper prevents light leakage with no need for extra flaps.
VIVOSUN craftsmanship is unrivaled with the best and most excellent materials, making it one of the most preferred tents in the market. These tents also come with other essential features such as metal poles and connectors, floor tray, filter straps, and hanging bars.
Pros of VIVOSUN 48 "x48" x80" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
- They save on up to 98% of energy.
- The tent is strong, durable, and easy to install.
- Customers can enjoy after-sales service and a warranty.
- They are highly affordable and readily available in the market.
Cons of VIVOSUN 48 "x48" x80" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
- Cannot be installed without a guide from the manufacturer manual
Zazzy 96X48X78 Plant Growing Tents 600D Mylar Hydroponic
One of the best features of Zazzy 48 "x48" x78" Plant Growing Tents is that they are reliable and stable as they are built with heavy-duty poles of steel. It makes the tent have the capacity to withstand a load of at least 110 lbs.
The finishing of the frame is done in such a way that it ensures safety when handling and installing. It has the floor made of Mylar that is not only removable for easy cleaning but also acts as water-resistant.
Besides, these tents are easy to assemble as they come with a manual from the manufacturer and can be set up at any place, either residential or non-residential areas. The Mylar lining on its walls is highly reflective, thus assisting the lighting systems in regulating the tent's light to avoid leakages.
Zazzy Plant Growing Tents have sturdy and heavy-duty zippers protecting it from unnecessary leakage of light. It allows you to take control of your tent's climate and lighting for plant safety and sustainability.
Pros of Zazzy 48 "x48" x78" Plant Growing Tents
- Zazzy grow tents are easy to assemble and install
- They are highly reflective thus minimizes energy loss
- They are also durable and stable hence providing safety to plants.
Cons of Zazzy 48 "x48" x78" Plant Growing Tents
- Failure to adhere to the manual guide will lead to the destruction of plants.
Gorilla Grow Tent 2x2.5 -GGT22
These are the best and professionally made grow tents that suits not only experts but also beginners. They have the most durable metal frames that can sustain a weight of up to 300 lbs., making it the safest to grow tents in the indoor farming industry. Its thickness is another fantastic feature with an incredibly significant thread density of up to 1680D, making it the densest tent ever made.
Gorilla Grow Tents have the biggest and durable zippers that are easy to open and close with minimal possibility of damage. Diamond reflection technology on its Mylar walls enables it to reflect up to 100% of light, hence no energy loss. Besides, the poles of Gorilla Grow Tent are adjustable to a height of 10 inches tall, thus becoming the tallest tent.
The large EZ viewing window allows you to monitor the plants without unnecessarily interrupting it. The door and large layout facilitates easy access and maneuvering within the tent's environment. Also, the infrared blocking roof provides room for cold temperatures on the surface.
Other features, including tool pouch, Sturdy flood pool, double cinching ducting ports, and Bug resistant pre-filters, facilitate the tent's functionality towards achieving healthy plant growth.
Pros of Gorilla Grow Tent 2'x2.5' -GGT22
- They have a sturdy frame made from heavy material
- They have sufficient storage case
- Gorilla Grow Tent is well built and with a great layout
- These tents are readily available globally
Cons of Gorilla Grow Tent 2'x2.5' -GGT22
- It is heavy and bulky as compared to other tents.
GA Grow Tent 24x24x48 36x36x72 40x40x80 Reflective Mylar Hydroponic
With the GA grow tent, you can save on light energy of up to 98% due to its fantastic feature of a reflective silver-colored PET Mylar. It has a high-density Oxford cloth of 600D, double stitching, and a zipper with heavy-duty explosion-proof protecting light leakage.
Besides, the materials used in GA grow tent is of high quality, thus enhancing plants' safety since they can withstand harsh conditions. Observing the contents inside the tent is easy due to the bright and visible window, hence minimizing the urge to open the door frequently.
The windows also facilitate aeration as well as preventing insects and other microorganisms from accessing inside. Another feature is the adjustable double layer ventilation slots to restrict the light within the tent.
Assembling and installing the GA tent is easy because it comes with a user's manual from the manufacturer. After-sales services are s guarantee to the buyers of GA tents since the company aims at ensuring the satisfaction of their customers.
Pros of GA grow tents
- They are highly durable due to high-quality material
- They are affordable to buyers
- GA grow tents are easy to install.
- Customers get to enjoy after-sales services.
Cons of GA grow tents
- It is not for somebody that doesn't know how to put up a tent
LAGarden 59x59x78 Reflective Grow Tent
When it comes to choosing a tent that serves many purposes, LA Garden Reflective Grow Tent is the best option. It is because it has impressive features, such as the interior made of the latest reflective Mylar at an affordable cost.
Besides, it enhances the ease of growing hydroponic plants indoor, favorable mostly to the seedlings. The interior lining is of silver Mylar, which is up to 100% reflective and waterproof. You can also enjoy assembling and dismantling the tent within a short time since the tent has exterior zippers.
Firmness is another essential property of LA garden tent in that it has a sturdy frame supported with stiff metal rods with the capacity to withstand up to 120 Kg. These tents tend to have multiple ventilation ports to accommodate filters and fans to enhance their operations.
Other features of LA garden grow tents include; compatibility with a variety of lighting systems, large door, meshed rectangular windows, and zipped side windows. Therefore, you ought not to miss out on this fantastic grow tent as it is readily available.
Pros of LAGarden 59x59x78 Reflective Grow Tent
- It is non-toxic to the environment.
- It facilitates ease of temperature and light control.
- It ensures the provision of adequate circulation of air.
- LAGarden 59x59x78 Reflective Grow Tent is highly affordable.
Cons of LAGarden 59x59x78 Reflective Grow Tent
- It is unfamiliar to many people.
What are the Advantages of Grow Tents?
Comfortability and quality yield from your plantation is what you will probably yearn for as your experience in indoor farming escalates to higher standards. Grow tents have made the process of controlling and manipulating the environmental factor simpler than before. Some of the benefits of grow tents are:
- They are highly portable due to their lightweight nature.
- Grow tents are durable as they comprise of sturdy materials.
- It enhances plants privacy by keeping them out of sight and from external threats
- They provide sufficient light to plants as they tend to be compatible with most lighting systems
- Grow tents facilitates proper ventilation by regulating the sufficient circulation of required gases within the tent.
- The Mylar walls of grow tents, which are reflective, enhances energy efficiency by minimizing light loss.
- Grow tents are easy to set up under a minimal time frame in that you may not necessarily need to have a technician's assistance.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Grow Tent
Selecting the best grow tent is not that easy, especially with the current existence of many brands and manufacturers in the market niche globally. Therefore, it is essential to consider the following factors when choosing the best grow tents more so if you are venturing into this mode of farming for the first time.
- Fabric quality: The durability of the grow tent depends on the density and strength of the fabric, which are essential when choosing the best grow tents. Look for a tent with material that will keep off external intrusions such as pests, diseases, and any form of airborne spores. Besides, light leakages and possibilities of tent's rip off are minimal with denser fabrics that can resist both internal and external constraints.
- Ventilation: This is an integral factor to consider when buying a grow tent. Ventilation is vital for plants' healthy growth within the tent in that it facilitates sufficient air and light circulation. However, when selecting the best grow tent, you need to ensure that it has a minimum of two ventilation ports for the intake and exhaust functions.
- Size: Keeping in mind the size of the floor space that you intend to erect your grow tent is another vital consideration when acquiring a tent. The size of the tent is dependable on the eventual height of the plants that are to be produced. These grow tent sizes will vary from small to large, depending on your goals as a buyer. Therefore, in the event you are uncertain about the tent's height, it is necessary to consider a tent that is adjustable with the plants' growth.
- Stability: The stability of your grow tent will depend on the frame and strength of the support poles made from several materials ranging from plastic to steel. It is essential to consider a tent that can sustain the weights for both ventilation and lighting systems to avoid structural failure. For stability purposes, look for a tent with minimal unnecessary rotation resulting from interlocking poles during the assembling process or those with a snapping mechanism to lock the poles from rotating.
- The durability of the tent's zipper: The functionality of your tent will significantly depend on the strength of the zipper to sustain frequent usage. Therefore, you should look for a grow tent whose zipper requires minimal effort to operate to reduce the possibility of damage resulting from wear and tear.
- Reflective material: The quality of the reflective element is an essential feature to consider when choosing the best grow tent to facilitate your plants' standard growth. Reflective nature of the Mylar walls of the tent, especially those with up to 100% reflectivity ensuring maximum utilization of the indoor grow lights. Besides, those Mylar walls with diamond patterns tend to have a higher reflectivity hence preferred.
- Viewing windows: When choosing a grow tent, a viewing window is crucial in that it allows you to check on your plants' progress without interrupting their growth. The viewing windows have Velcro fitting, which plays an integral role in preventing leakage of light and other essential components supporting plant growth, such as CO2 from the tent.
What are the Precautions of Using a Grow Tent?
When purchasing a grow tent, a manufacturer's manual is often issued to assist you in the setup process to achieve a conducive and stable environment for your plants. Therefore, it is also essential to take into consideration the following precautions.
- Monitoring the temperature: When venturing into indoor farming by the use of grow tents, it is essential to control the temperature to facilitate the plants' steady growth. Very cold or hot climatic conditions may hamper or eventually kill the plants, especially those that tend to be sensitive. Depending on the plant nature, it is advisable to keep a temperature that can sustain their growth.
- Ensure that there are no holes in the tent's fabric: Grow tents usually prevents harmful microorganisms and pests from accessing and destroying the plants. Therefore, it is essential to take necessary precautions to watch out for the possibility of the fabric having holes and gaps as it may also allow light leakages.
Having a good knowledge of the best grow tents in the market niche will enable you to make an important decision on the tent that will suit your farming needs. People will tend to have a different taste concerning tents available, but the ultimate choice will depend on your expectations. In my opinion, the primary purpose of having a grow tent is to make your farming life more comfortable, even with a small space that can fit the tent. Grow tents have proven that farming can be done anywhere, as it gives you the ability to take control of the conditions that will act in favor of your situation.
Therefore, every piece of this guide will help you understand different brands, types, and quality of the tents that will positively impact your farm produce. From my experience with the variety of tents, all have their unique benefits. However, starters may feel a little strain at the beginning of indoor farming, but with time they will enjoy investing in grow tents.