LED Grow Lights
Indoor gardening in industrial or household level is very arduous. Climate change makes it even harder for plants to survive because it affects moisture, heat intensity and effective light hour.
LED grow light is very beneficial for plant growth because it aids in photosynthetic effect of indoor plants as the indoor light source. With a wide variety of LED grow lights available, choosing the best fit for your plant needs may be too challenging. Here is a guide in choosing the best LED grow light for your indoor garden.
Read our Best LED Grow Lights Review to find out.
Our Best LED Grow Lights for 2020
- JUEYINGBAILI - LED Grow Lights for Indoor Plants 80w Full Spectrum Plant Lights (Editors choice - High Quality)
- VIPARSPECTRA UL Certified 300W LED Grow Light, Full Spectrum Plant Growing Lights (Runner up)
- King Plus 1500W Double Chips LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Greenhouse and Indoor Plant (Amazing Price)
- KINGBO Newest 15000Lux Led Grow Light Bulb for Indoor Plants (Affordable Product)
- Advanced Platinum Series P600 600w 12-band LED Grow Light (Great Product)
JUEYINGBAILI - LED Grow Lights for Indoor Plants 80w Full Spectrum Plant Lights
JUEYINGBAILI 80W Full Spectrum Plant Lights is recommended for small space growing and hobby gardeners with plants usually suffering from constant bad weather, cold season or disadvantaged geographical position.
The grow light not only helps plants by supporting the lack of natural sunlight but also protects them from drying out. You can check the list of its pros and cons below.
- It comes with additional accessories including a mini spade and a mini shovel.
- It has three color modes; blue, red, and mixed lights which are responsible for proper lighting at different stages of growth.
- It has effective timing function and a dimmer that allows you to nourish your plants on a chosen schedule of yours without having to keep that schedule yourself.
- It has adjustable goosenecks for wider reach and it can be rotated 360 degrees so you can control the angle easily and the distance between lamps and plants.
- The clip can open and grip up to 2.5 inches.
- The light output is not enough for some seedlings, like tomatoes.
- The design is recommended primarily for small space growers rather than more professional setups, unless it is intended to be supplementary to more industrial lighting systems.
VIPARSPECTRA UL Certified 300W LED Grow Light, Full Spectrum Plant Growing Lights
Viparspectra UL Certified 300W LED Grow Light is the perfect choice for newcomers and beginners in indoor gardening. If you are a beginner grower, this unit is for you because it has all the features in basic LED grow light and very affordable.
It provides full light spectrum that supports plants in all their growing cycles. Viparspectra UL Certified 300W LED grow light is not a professional grow light but if you are planning to do indoor or tent gardening, then this is the excellent choice for you!
Below is the list of its pros and cons:
- Being daisy-chainable is the best feature of this LED light.
- This LED grow light is very affordable but made up of good quality materials, perfect for first growing experience.
- This unit is very energy efficient.
- It has a lifespan of 100,000 hours.
- It is easy to control and easy to install.
- It has a compact design.
- This unit comes with 3-years local warranty which means that the company is pretty confident with their product.
- It is not programmable. It does not have automatic timer nor self-controlling device.
- It is not waterproof. You should prevent placing this unit from moist areas around your garden. Water drip can easily damage the unit.
King Plus 1500W Double Chips LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Greenhouse and Indoor Plant
King Plus 1500W Double Chips LED Grow Light is a full range LED Grow Light that comes in a very affordable price range. It comes with “Double Chips” technology that offers better brightness than other grow lamps that usually come with 3W or 5W single chips.
This unit is the best pick for indoor and tent gardening. Read the list of its pros and cons below to know more about the unit:
- It is brighter than most of LED lights because it is made of two 5W chips instead of single chip.
- It offers a full spectrum of lights.
- It is durable and sturdy.
- Best suited for a mid-price mid wattage range.
- Easy to use.
- Royal look and feel.
- It has an excellent light output and coverage.
- It is extremely energy efficient with energy saving features.
- It has dual switches for VEG and BLOOM stage.
- Massive coverage area.
- Best for indoor plant enthusiasts, intermediate level indoor plant growers, professional level indoor plant growers and greenhouse growers.
- The unit is not daisy chainable or cannot be linked together.
- The fans are noisy.
KINGBO Newest 15000Lux Led Grow Light Bulb for Indoor Plants
Among the LED grow lights above, Kingbo Newest 15000Lux brings something a little different to the table. This unit has only two heads, but they are larger, and they have more LEDs on each. The awesome feature of this grow light is the brightness emitted by the bulbs and the fact that the bulbs are replaceable.
Kingbo addresses the problem of buying a whole new unit when intermittent LEDs go out. This product will last a lot longer. Read its pros and cons below.
- The bulbs of this unit are replaceable.
- All LED are 380nm-800nm full spectrum providing light like sunlight.
- The bulb is rotatable, and it has an adjustable stainless-steel gooseneck.
- It has strong and durable clips.
- This unit is most suitable in growing small to medium plants
- It is easy to install and to setup.
- This unit is daisy chainable.
- It has extra-long cord.
- It is energy efficient.
- This unit has 100 LEDs.
- No USB option which made the standard plug safer and more reliable.
- You can turn on one or both lamps.
- It has no timer or setting options.
- Since it has no USB option, it is a con for those who want an alternative power source.
- Clip can only accommodate up to 2.3 inches.
Advanced Platinum Series P600 600w 12-band LED Grow Light
Advanced Platinum Series P600 12-Band LED Grow Light is the best choice for tent and indoor gardens. It performs smoothly with a lot of growth power. This LED grow light helps your vegetables and flowers grow to the maximum potential.
Thanks to its advanced 12-band system, your plants get the best from ultraviolet and infrared light. Below is the list of this unit’s pros and cons:
- This unit can cover an area of 22.5 square foot.
- It only consumes 345 watts and can replace an 800-watt HPS.
- It remains cool for a long time, thanks to its excellent fans that do not produce any noises.
- It has 12-band spectrum output, like having the sun inside your house, because your plants get the sufficient light they need for growth and development.
- It was built to avoid overheating.
- The most powerful LED grow light in the market. If you really want to make your plants grow like never, then P600 can supply you with the most powerful light in the market.
- It is a bit expensive.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING LED GROW LIGHTS
Consider the Type of Plant you want to Grow
The primary role of LED grow lights in indoor gardening is to help plant’s photosynthesis by providing the light needed by the crops. The first thing to do before buying your LED grow light is to determine the type of plant, you will use them for.
You must also find out the best conditions in which they can survive in able for you to provide what they need for their growth and decide which type of LED grow light fits their needs.
Determine the Size of the Grow Space
Calculating the surface area of the grow space will let you know how much light would be needed. Growing plants inside your home garden requires lesser LED grow lights compared to the case of larger grow spaces which need much more units. Extensive areas need several units to make sure each plant would receive enough light.
In making any sort of purchase, one must always consider the budget. The same with purchasing LED grow lights, you must think the amount of money you are willing to invest in it.
Think how much you are willing to spend up front and on running costs. LED grow lights have lower running cost compare to other grow lights. LED grow lights are expensive but you will save a lot of money in the longer run.
QUALITIES OF BEST LED LIGHTS
High-Class Semiconducting Chip
Semiconducting chip is the heart of any LED light and as such, it needs to be of good quality. It converts electricity into light and affects the wavelength. A product that uses a poor-quality chip is not good.
In purchasing LED grow lights, always look for models that uses at least 3-watt chips, anything less than will not provide the necessary luminosity.
Delivers Full Spectrum Wavelength
To ensure the maximum growth of your plants, choose an LED grow light that is full spectrum. This kind of LED grow light has red and blue spectrums, also IR and UV light for various growth stages: cloning, veg and bloom. Full spectrum grow light is easier to control which spectrum it emits, on what time.
Maintains a Low Cost to Run but Produces High Power
Choose a powerful LED grow light for a better yield. Look for the most efficient LED grow light that operates at high level, produces high power but maintains a low cost to run. Best LED grow light can run for a long time but consumes less electricity.
Durable and Reliable
Considering the price of LED grow lights, you must see them as an investment, and for your investment to show a return, it needs to last you a long time. High-quality LED grow light fails less and lasts longer, therefore they must be durable and well made.
The best way to achieve the optimal light for your plants is to aim for a balanced spectrum with high Photosynthetically Active Radiation or PAR. Choose an LED grow light that can evenly distribute PAR. PAR is the light alternative to sunlight which is needed by the plants to photosynthesize indoor.
This is the reason why you need to measure your grow space and make sure that each of your plants receive the enough light they need for their growth.
Must Have a Proper Cooling System
Choose an LED light that has an efficient cooling system. Make sure that there is a heat sink at the back area of your LED grow light because it is where heat builds up. Using your LED grow light for a long period of time may result to overheating especially if you use them for 15-20 hours a day to support the sufficient light your plant needs.
Heat sink at the back area of LED grow light prevents the unit from overheating by dissipating the heat crated by the lights and moves the heat away from the lighting system and your plants.
You should choose an LED grow light that offers programmability. With programmable LED grow lights, you can automate as much of the process as possible.
It is also efficient because it lessens your workload and most of all, it lessens the possibility of human error. Choose one that offers full range of programmability. It must include customization of spectrums that best suits individual plants, alteration of light intensity and light schedule settings.
Overall, among the five LED grow lights products above, we would highly recommend Advanced Platinum Series P600 12-Band LED Grow Light. Although it is a bit expensive, it has the qualities a best LED grow light has.
It is perfect for most tents and indoor gardens and comes with plenty of growth power and smooth performance. It is very durable, produces plenty of power, but remains cool all the time.
The fans also do not produce any noise unlike the other grow lights. It allows your plants to enjoy the best from each type of light and works very well for replacing the sun, thanks to its full and rich 12-band spectrum output.
If you really want to make your plants grow to the maximum potential, and you have the money to afford an expensive but high-quality LED grow light, then Advanced Platinum Series P600 12-Band LED Grow Light is the best option for you and for your plants!