Best Wall Mounted Hose Reel
A reliable wall mounted hose reel can make a huge difference when performing your daily gardening tasks. Garden hoses are usually really long, making it challenging to manage. This often leads to back strain.
Whether you’re working on some chores at the garage, front yard or back yard, a good hose reel makes the process less exhausting and tedious.
Read our Best Wall Mounted Hose Reel Review to find out.
- Liberty Garden 712 Single Arm Navigator Multi-Directional Garden Hose Reel (Editors choice - High Quality)
- AMES 2398110 Metal Wall Mount 125 Foot Hose Capacity (Runner up)
- Strongway Parallel or Perpendicular Wall-Mount Garden Hose Reel (Amazing Price)
- Suncast Resin Wall Mount Garden Hose Reel (Affordable Product)
- Yard Butler Handy Reel Easy Winding Heavy Duty Metal Garden 75’ (Great Product)
Liberty Garden 712 Single Arm Navigator Multi-Directional Garden Hose Reel
Liberty Garden Multi-Directional Reel is designed with rotating carriage for an easy 360-degree operation. Pull up the handle to rotate the hose reel and release it in one position so that the carriage will stay in place.
It can hold up to 125 feet of 5/8-inch water hose with 5 feet leader hose. This wall mounted hose reel also features powder coat bronze finish, adjustable crank handle, and storage basket which I find very practical for my gardening needs.
- 18 gauge stainless steel construction which can resist harsh weather conditions. The durable powder coat bronze finish helps keep the hose reel from corrosion as well as wear and tear.
- Easy pull-up handle for 360-degree rotation and effortless unwinding of garden hose. Everyday tools such as nozzles can be conveniently stored in the storage basket.
- The 90-degree brass swivel is designed to prevent damage to the hose, galvanized and brass fittings.
- 95% assembled, all you need to do is attach the knob and mount it on a wall. The manual guide can help you in installing the handle without any tools needed.
- Mounting hardware is not included, so you need to buy it separately.
- Brass fitting is not as durable as those in other hose reel models.
AMES 2398110 Metal Wall Mount 125 Foot Hose Capacity
One attractive feature of AMES wall mounted hose reel is the sleek design. It can hold up to 125 feet of 5/8-inch diameter garden hose. To match the style of typical gardens, it has floral patterns that can blend in any landscape.
Unlike heavy plastic hose reels, this is made from aluminum metal to provide more durable water system.
- Long-wearing aluminum metal construction which can resist corrosion through all the seasons. Aluminum is an excellent material that doesn’t easily rust due to rain, snow, and other weather conditions.
- Superior NeverLeak technology for durable and consistent water system unlike most plastic models. The feeder hose is tight and flexible to prevent water leaks.
- Spool up to 125 feet of garden hose including the leader hose. This is ideal for excessively lengthy garden hoses without looking bulky and dull on the outside.
- Easy to set up and mount to any exterior wall near a hydrant. The manual guide is simple to understand, no need to hire an expert to install the system.
- The feeder hose is a bit thinner compared to other models. It reduces water volume.
- The screws seem soft and have the tendency to strip.
Strongway Parallel or Perpendicular Wall-Mount Garden Hose Reel
Strongway Wall Mount Hose Reel is a powder-coated steel hose reel with aluminum mounting hardware you can use when attaching the reel to an exterior wall, whether perpendicular or parallel.
It includes a garden hose reel, connection hose, fittings, and mounting arm that are quick and easy to assemble. This product is durable and corrosion-resistant for a longer-lasting hose reel you can count on.
- Built to last and for tough jobs with durable stainless steel frame. This heavy duty wall mounted hose reel has an industrial powder coat finish and sturdy brass fittings to endure heavy work in the yard.
- Maximum length capacity of 150 feet 5/8-inch water hose. It can accommodate heavy hoses with a reel cart for easy operation around the lawn.
- Easy to use with perpendicular and parallel mounting options. It also comes with welded handle and swivel grip for quick unwinding or spooling.
- This is rated at 100 PSI for safe use with municipal water supply. The 6 feet inlet hose is included to help reach water sources whether in front or back yard.
- This is heavier than other steel hose reels in the market.
- The supply hose easily cracks due to strong current and then ends up with leaking problems. Make sure the product you are going to buy has a warranty to fix this issue.
Suncast Resin Wall Mount Garden Hose Reel
Suncast Wall Mount Hose Reel is one of the most stylish solutions on the market for water hose storage. The durable construction of this garden hose reel is built for tough jobs.
It suits any landscape or patio while adding to the overall appeal of your garden. With 175 feet capacity, this ensures water tight connections and reinforced water systems all year round.
- Mountable hose reel which can be attached to walls and fences. It’s ideal for yards with limited spaces.
- Easy to set up since the reel is fully assembled after opening the box. No need for professional help or any tools to put it together.
- Easy to use wall mount hose reel with crank handle for effortless unwinding or spooling. It’s also kink-free and corrosion-resistant to endure any harsh conditions.
- The back brackets crack after a few months.
- Leak issues are also a common problem for this hose reel model.
Yard Butler Handy Reel Easy Winding Heavy Duty Metal Garden 75'
For more than 60 years, Yard Butler has been one of the most trusted brands for gardening products, including hose reels.
The Yard Butler Heavy Duty Metal Reel is an on-the-go solution for hose management and storage needs. It has an innovative design to keep your garden hose clean and untangled no matter where you use it.
- Maximum length capacity is 75 feet of 5/8 inches garden hose. It can reach the entire lawn and back without tangling and unsightly pile. This hose reel is so easy to roll while protecting the hose from damage.
- It includes a leader hose measuring 5 feet long. The wall mount comes in bright colors to suit personalized gardens with a classic low-profile design. This handy reel has a convenient top handle that supports rewinding and spooling.
- The tube frame is made from 7/8 inches GA welded steel. Other replacement parts such as brass hose fittings and inlet pipe also include stainless steel construction for longer lasting hose reel.
- 95% assembled, all you need to do is attach the handle. It doesn’t kink, leak, and corrode while maintaining maximum flow of water.
- For 50 feet water hose, the reel might easily become full.
- The leader hose looks cheap while the crank handle becomes loose after using the reel.
Tips in Choosing the Best Wall Mounted Hose Reel
It’s important to choose the right wall mounted hose reel in order to avoid a lot of hassle. This also helps keep the hose clean and organized, while it’s easy to store using the spool.
Imagine the effort you can save from dragging your garden hose across the yard when completing everyday tasks. Here’s how to choose a good quality wall mounted hose reel:
- A good quality wall mounted hose reel is not cheap. Be ready to spend an extra dollar to get a product that is durable and long-lasting.
Plus, the benefits of investing in the best hose reels can help you take advantage of the product for a longer time.
- The hose reel should be easy to manage, especially when you need to do some chores around the yard. It has to be lightweight and simple to spool once you finish your task.
One thing I love about using wall mounted hose reel is the easy storage and tidy output.
- Know what the hose reel is made of. More often than not, hose reels that are available in the market today are made of heavy plastic and metal.
Metal reels are usually aluminum, while heavy duty models are stainless steel. I bought the steel type because it’s longer-lasting than other models.
- Determine the length capacity of the hose reel you want to buy. One of the important factors to consider in determining which model you should get is the length of the garden hose.
Wall mounted hose reels can store between 50 to 250 feet of hose length. A bigger hose requires a bigger reel to avoid damage.
What Are the Advantages of a Wall Mounted Hose Reel?
Having a durable hose reel can reduce back strain from dragging the hose wherever you need it. It saves you time when storing it, especially if you’re using a really long garden hose.
By simply reeling it in or carting it off, you don’t need to exert too much effort to do your chores with the help of a wall mounted hose reel.
Moreover, you can extend the lifespan of your garden hose because it doesn’t stay under the sun and deteriorate. Just reel the hose in and keep it safe from harmful UV rays after use.
At the same time, there’s no unsightly pile left in your lawn once you’re done with your gardening work. It’s so easy and manageable, especially for lawns with limited space.
More importantly, hose reels prevent mowing accidents and trip hazards in your yard. Extended hose left unused in the lawn can also cause serious trouble for the children playing outside.
Therefore, spooling your garden hose after every use will keep everyone safe and less possibly to experience an unexpected incident.
What’s the Best Way to Use Wall Mounted Hose Reel?
Whether you’re gardening, cleaning your yard, or working in your garage, having a wall mounted hose reel is so convenient. This is commonly mounted to a wall near the faucet for easy water supply.
It is placed from 2 to 3 feet above the ground for quick access. While doing some landscaping or backyard cleaning, you just need to pull the hose and use it. No need to carry it wherever you need water for different chores.
If you have a small lawn area, this might be the most convenient solution that meets your gardening requirements. For me, my hose reel is really helpful when I need to do some car washing as well as cleaning furniture in the garage.
Precautions for Using Wall Mounted Hose Reel
A common problem in using hose reels is tangling. Hand powered hose reels, most especially, have the tendency to tangle the hose while spooling it.
Self-winding hose reels may also cause damage to the hose if you don’t carefully roll it. In this case, you might need to look for a wall mounted hose reel with a hose guide to avoid tangling.
Oftentimes, it’s more difficult to spool lengthy garden hose without a hose guide. If you’re suffering from back pain and joint problems, it could be a lot of hassle to manually spool the hose.
Good thing there are gear powered models for hassle-free spooling. This is important if you usually end up with back strain after dragging and rolling your hose reel.
When it comes to durability, affordability, and overall quality, the Yard Butler Heavy Duty Metal Reel might be the best option for you. This is my favorite because it has durable and stylish features at the same time.
I also appreciate how it’s so easy to use and doesn’t tangle unlike other wall mounted hose reels in the market.
Some of the best qualities of Yard Butler metal reel that make it unique from other products are the welded steel tube frame, 5 feet leader hose, 75 feet hose capacity, and overall design.
It fits any landscape, yard, and patio that require reliable water hose for easy cleaning and watering. Moreover, there are other Yard Butler hose reel models available to fit your unique requirements.
So there it is, I recommend this reliable review of the top wall mounted hose reels in the market today when choosing a good hose reel for your daily chores.