Best Weed Grow Tent
Growing your garden can be challenging. It may be easy for some because they have abundant fertile land, and the sunlight to help them. Some even managed to build a greenhouse. But if you’re someone who is confined in a tiny space, then a weed grow tent is a perfect alternative for you.
Read our Best Weed Grow Tent Review to find out.
- VIVOSUN 48"x48"x80" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent (Editors choice - High Quality)
- Zazzy 48"x48"x78" 600D Mylar Hydroponic Indoor Grow Tent (Runner up)
- Gorilla Grow Tent 2'x2.5' -GGT22 (Amazing Price)
- GA Grow Tent 24x24x48, 36x36x72, 40x40x80 Reflective Mylar Hydroponic (Affordable Product)
- Yield Lab 32x32x63 Reflective Grow Tent (Great Product)
VIVOSUN 48"x48"x80" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
A lot of growers seemed to like this one because it’s not complicated and it’s not pricey. So, this grow tent has an observation window and a floor tray just right for your indoor weed planting. It’s also sturdy and tear-proof.
- The canvas or the fabric is made from a thick material but it is lightweight
- Assembly of this tent is easy. It comes with a helpful instruction guide but nothing complicated when you install this one.
- The mylar lining is reflective and it’s one of the features that Vivosun is really of.
- Inside the tent, there is a handy tool bag that you can use so it’s easily accessible.
- It has a removable, water-proof floor tray for easy cleanups.
- Another one to highlight is that they have responsive customer service. Something wrong with your tent, their customer service is easy to talk to.
- It is nice that it has an observation window but it’s a little high.
- Sometimes the zipper gets stuck. And in worse cases, it breaks.
- The support beams bend a little when you hang something a bit heavy. This might be troublesome especially if you’re going to hang not just one grow light.
- Since there are no additional flaps to cover the zipper, some who complain of the light leaks.
Zazzy 48"x48"x78" 600D Mylar Hydroponic Indoor Grow Tent
This particular brand doesn’t seem to be that popular among growers but it has built a good reputation as a great grow tent that is affordable.
- This grow tent has plenty of opening or ducts suited for cords, ventilators, etc.
- It is easy to assemble and this tent has sturdy frames and support beams and can support up to 110 lbs.
- The tent features additional flaps that cover the zippers preventing light leakage.
- It has a reflective, removable mylar floor tray that is also tear-proof.
- This tent doesn’t cost much and one of the affordable grow tents out there.
- It does have sturdy frames but it cannot hold any weight more than what is required.
- The instruction guide isn’t too clear which will let most beginners fend for themselves.
- It may be something not of a big deal, but there some who complain that the tent has some sort of a bad smell.
Gorilla Grow Tent 2'x2.5' -GGT22
Looks like these guys have been on top of the market especially with professional growers. But their product doesn’t come cheap.
- This grow tent lets you adjust its height with its extension kit
- It has a sturdy frame that lets you hang a heavy load that can weigh as much as 300 lbs.
- The canvas or fabric is made from heavy-duty material. Plus, it doesn’t let any water leak through the material.
- It has dense threading and tight seals which help contain noise and odor.
- It has great airflow.
- There is also a handy tool pouch inside for easy access for your tools.
- It has an infrared blocking roof that keeps the surface temperature cool.
- While the material is sturdy and offers full coverage, some light leaks coming from the zipper junctions.
- Not to mention that this grow tent has plastic zippers which makes it prone to breakage.
- This grow tent seems to be not beginner-friendly especially with its complicated instruction manual.
- Being one of the top choices for a lot of growers, this grow tent is a little pricey compared to other popular grow tents.
GA Grow Tent 24x24x48, 36x36x72, 40x40x80 Reflective Mylar Hydroponic
This grow tent may seemed familiar because it bears a striking resemblance to the Vivosun grow tent. While it looks a bit similar, it does have its own characteristic.
- It has an explosion-proof zipper with double stitching to prevent any light leakage.
- It got double-layer ventilation slots that are adjustable. This also prevents light leakage.
- The fabric is made for a heavy-duty material and highly reflective because of the mylar lining.
- There are a lot of entry ports for ventilation and filter.
- One of the affordable grow tents in the market.
- The poles and beams are bit flimsy. It might not support heavy grow light, fans, and others.
- No flaps to cover the zippers.
- Poor stitching. And the zipper is prone to breakage.
- Few pinholes especially near where the seam is sewn.
Yield Lab 32x32x63 Reflective Grow Tent
It’s a grow tent which caters to beginner and longtime growers. It’s great for confined spaces or any other compact environment.
- There are plenty of ducting ports for fans and fillers to ensure proper ventilation.
- It got front bay windows with mesh covering.
- This tent is easy to assemble so it’s not going to be complicated for beginners.
- It got sturdy frames and a heavy-duty fabric that provides coverage for the whole tent. And the material is tear-proof.
- It’s lightweight.
- It seals off any noise coming from the inside of the tent.
- It got a removable flood tray for easy cleanup and also lined with mylar.
- Design-wise, it’s a bit poorly-constructed with the stitching and zipper flaps. So, don’t be surprised if you see any loose threads from the stitching.
- The cost is not too pricey yet a bit expensive than the others.
How Weed Grow Tents Can Help You
Grow tents are designed to be a simple DIY solution for anyone who wants to have their stash of cannabis at home. It may seem daunting to set up this type of contraption especially if you’re a beginner. But it only needs a little bit of patience and hard work to pull it all together. And besides, that’s what instruction guides are for.
A grow tent is convenient for anyone especially for those with a limited amount of space. No need for a wide-open space especially if this is just for personal consumption. A weed grow tent will also allow you to grow your plant regardless of the weather condition outside. All it takes is just a few steps to set it up. And in just a short amount of time, you can have your cannabis growing within the comforts of your home.
Check Before Buying
Before purchasing anything there are factors to consider. If you’re going to check the market especially online, there is a lot to choose from. It can get confusing. Consider these factors such as durability, cost, effectiveness, user-friendliness, and others.
Check the size of the tent and the space you’ve intended it for. You have full control over how tall you want the cannabis plant to grow. Depending on the size of the tent, it will affect the height and even shape of your cannabis plant. Also, check how much space you’ll need if you will be adding any additional equipment for your tent. Ventilators, lights, pots, humidifiers, will come in different sizes, so be sure to measure them so that they can fit nicely without cramping up your weed grow tent.
Do not compromise as well the material and the frame of your weed grow tent. It should be made with a high-duty canvas such as nylon or polyester to help you maintain the environment inside. As for the inner material as well, that shiny fabric inside? That’s the mylar lining. The more reflective they are it will let you save more energy at the same time provide good lighting for your plants.
Also, make sure that the frame of the tent is sturdy to better support the whole structure. This will also support the equipment and the plants inside.
No More Waiting For Warmer Weather
With the convenience that a grow tent provides, it just makes it easier for a grower to plant without worrying about the weather or the changes in temperature. A grow tent can provide ample lighting, humidity, temperature, and water which are necessary for growing your weed. The grow lights can provide enough light to simulate the process of photosynthesis. Plant food. This will nourish all your buds so that they can grow at any time of the year.
Efficient Indoor Garden
The beauty of a weed grow tent is that it lets you grow weed all-year-round. Just creating the right environment to resemble an ecosystem, growing weed doesn’t have to be a problem anymore. You have full control over what goes in a grow tent which will help your weed flourish. With the right accessories to add in your grow-tent you can tend to your plants better.
It also helps you save energy. With just minimal requirement from the grow lights, the reflective coating of the tent amplifies the light rays.
External Factors No More
Say goodbye as well to pests as your weed grow tent can prevent them from coming near to your plants. Through the tent’s air-tight seal, you can prevent these pests from entering. And that way your weed maintains its healthy growth.
With the help of the seals, you can prevent any noise from coming out. The noise coming from the exhaust fan might be a little disturbing for anyone who is inside the house, but with the grow tent no need to get distracted from such unnecessary noise.
No need to also worry about the odor anymore. With the help of a carbon filter, this will purify the air so that you can prevent any odor from leaking out from the grow tent.
Setting Up Your Weed Grow Tent
Now that you’ve purchased your grow tent from among few candidates, it’s time to set it up.
- Clear the space and gather all the materials – Assemble the tent frame and cover it with the canvas provided. Double-check all the nooks and crannies and that nothing is broken or defective.
- Set up the grow light – Cannabis plant needs lots of light. So, the more light you have, the better the harvest will be. You may want to use energy-efficient grow lights such as a LED light or CMH also known as Ceramic Metal Halide light. They are a bit pricey but since they don’t use much energy, you get to save on your electricity bill. Now, set them up according to package instructions and then hang your grow lights at a correct height.
- Install ventilation and carbon filter – Like many other plants, cannabis needs fresh air to flourish. Set your exhaust fan and carbon filter to let your cannabis breathe in new air and that no smells will leak.
- Check the temperature and humidity – Ensure that you have set up the right climate for your cannabis plant
- Safety check – This is to make sure that all electrical cords are tucked in, no spillage, and all openings are sealed. You also want to make sure that no sound, light, and smell will get out.
I think we can all agree that each of these products has its good points and bad points. And to be honest, how these products fare is totally dependable on the grower. But we want to make it a bit easy for those who want to start growing their own weed. So, among those five, which of them rise above the others?
Having laid out the pros and cons of each grow tent, I can say that the Yield Lab Reflective Grow Tent is the standout here. It’s a great choice for beginners trying to grow their own cannabis plant. The whole structure of the tent is sturdy enough and the material allows protection for your plants while it grows. This tent’s size is enough to be placed in a corner or any part of your home since it doesn’t take that much space.
One feature I especially like with this grow tent is that it masks off the noise from the inside of the tent. And that’s a bonus because you don’t want any humming or buzzing noise while you’re trying to relax in your home. The heavy-duty fabric also helps contain the natural smells just within the tent. It also creates a terrific climate for your plants with its highly reflective mylar lining. With all its ducting ports for fans and filters, it helps keep the air fresh inside the tent.
Finally, you don’t need to spend much on this grow tent while at the same time you get your money’s worth.